The Craftsman Series is a water-shedding system and can be used for roofs and mansard only when installed over a water-proofed solid substructure with a minimum roof slope of 3:12. The Craftsman™ Series design makes complicated building transitions simple without the necessity of flashings. Slope changes from roof to fascia to soffit can be made with one continuous pan and batten. A concealed clip securely locks the batten to the panel while allowing for expansion and contraction.
- Coverage Width – 12″, 16 1/2″
- Minimum Slope – 3:12
- Panel Attachment – Concealed Fastening System
- Gauge – 24 (standard); 26, 22 (optional)
- Finishes – Smooth (standard); Embossed (optional)
- Coatings – Galvalume Plus®, Signature® 200, Signature® 300, Signature® 300 Metallic
Craftsman™ Series - High Batten
UCOA‘s Craftsman ™ Series is a snap-on batten roof system. The pan and batten are manufactured separately to maximize design flexibility and for ease of installation at difficult hip, valley and slope change conditions.
Craftsman ™ Series panels are water shedding panels. Minimum roof slope is 3:12. The panels must be installed over a completely waterproofed substructure. If the waterproof membrane is mechanically attached with metal fasteners of any type, fasteners should be covered to protect the back side of the roof panels. Any mechanical attachment device that does not lay flat on the deck will telegraph through the panels.
- Inspect your roof regularly.
- Walk in the flat of the panels near the structural supports.
- Keep roof, gutters and downspouts free of debris.
- Inspect roof for damage after heavy storms.
- Remove excessive ice and snow accumulations as necessary.
- Always use long life fasteners and stainless steel rivets on the roof and trim.
- Repaint any areas that are susceptible to rust as required.
- Allow your roof to be neglected.
- Walk on the panel ribs or on flashings.
- Use metal shovels or other tools that can scratch the paint or Galvalume coating on the panels.
- Use plastic roof cement or butyl or silicone caulk anywhere on the roof.
- Assume that minor additions or modifications will not cause any problems.
- Use zinc plated fasteners or carbon steel rivets.
- Allow rust or rust stains to build up on roof.