UCOA‘s Central Snap is a performance-rated, non-structural, standing seam roof system that offers a pleasing architectural look. It has an easy to install 13/4″ high snap-lock joint, making it ideal for architectural and light commercial applications. Central Snap is available in net coverage widths of 16″ or 18″, and features a Fluropon™ paint system. Central Snap is available with a 11/8″ notch on either end of the panel for the ease of turning under, reducing installation labor and costs.
- Snaps together, no seaming required.
- Factory applied sealant ensures a weather-tight and secure lap.
- Can be installed over solid decking or open framing, depending upon panel width and support member spans.
Choose an Energy Efficient Finish
Solar Reflectivity is the metal panel’s ability to reflect sunlight. This characteristic of metal roofing is the most important in terms of energy savings. Cool metal roofing reflects much of the sun’s rays, making the surface of the metal much cooler than material with a lower solar reflectivity rating. Emissivity is the metal panel’s ability to release absorbed heat. A low emissivity rating means the material will be hot to the touch (it doesn’t release the heat), while material with a higher emissivity rating will be cooler to the touch. Therefore, metal with a low emissivity rating retains heat and may be more desirable for a cooler climate, while a high emissivity rating reflects heat and is more effective for saving energy in a warmer climate.
Central Snap® is a performance rated non-structural, architectural standing seam roof system. It has an easy to install 13/4” high snap-lock joint making it ideal for architectural and light commercial applications. Central Snap® from our supplier Central States is available in net coverage widths of 16” or the economical 18”. It offers an architecturally pleasing look over metal framing or wood decking.
- 1:12 pitch or greater.
- Snap-together panel, no field seaming required.
- Available in 16” or 18” coverage.
- Minimum length: 3′, maximum length: 50′.
- Factory applied sealant insures a secure lap.
- Available with a 11/8” notch on either end of the panel for the ease of turning under; reducing installation labor and costs.
- Can be installed over solid substrates or installed over framing depending upon the panel width and support member spans.
Central Snap can be installed over solid decking or over purlins/open framing without insulation at 3′ O.C. Do not install over an existing asphalt shingle roof. It is the responsibility of the contractor to ensure a suitable substrate prior to the application of Central Snap. Substructures should be designed to meet all necessary code requirements. Green lumber is not recommended as moisture can damage the metal panels and cause fasteners to back out.
1. Make sure decking is smooth, level and in good condition. Remove any debris that might interfere with installation.
2. Apply 30 lb. felt or synthetic underlayment using nails or staples.
3. Check for roof squareness.
4. Begin installation of trim and panels.
Central Snap can be installed directly over purlins/wood framing without insulation. Check load tables to ensure that purlin spacing is adequate for your load requirements. This method should only be used for heated spaces if adequate protection against condensation is used. Without this protection, the underside of the panel may collect condensation and drip into structure.
1. Check for roof squareness.
2. Begin installation of trim and panels.